I think the funniest thing here is how they celebrate other country’s holiday. Maybe this is because there are so many people from all around the world in America, but I still think it is pretty funny.
For example, March 17th is St. Patrick’s Day which is an Irish holiday. However, almost all the Americans wear green to show their respect for Ireland. In this YouTube video, one lady clearly said “everybody is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day.”
I’ve heard that the Chicago River is dyed green on St. Patrick’s Day, beers are dyed green too, and there are St. Patrick’s Day parades everywhere around the nation.
I have been to Ireland, but I felt like American people are more excited about the holiday than people in Ireland, which I think is interesting.
I mean, how much dye do you need to dye entire river?
Mexican holiday Cinco de Mayo is coming up soon. And I have heard lots of celebrations and parties for the holiday.
Especially since I am living near Washington D.C., it was good for me to learn about those holidays, too.
Other than Cinco de Mayo and St. Patrick’s Day, I know there were Chinese New Year’s celebration, Japanese cherry blossoms festivals, and many other cultural celebrations.
This is one thing I like about America. People in America accept others and celebrate each other’s holiday as much as they can.
No comments:
Post a Comment